Telegram has released update number 7.5. The update officially added widgets, an auto-delete feature, temporary links for invitations, and more. What’s new in Telegram 7.5:
- Automatic deletion of messages for all participants is now available in any chat room. In this mode, messages disappear 24 hours or 7 days after being sent. The new feature will affect only those messages that were sent after setting a timer. The countdown will start immediately after the message is sent, not at the time of reading by the recipient.
- For quick access to important chats, you can now add a Telegram widget to your phone’s home screen. The “Chats” widget will show recent messages in selected chats, and the “Shortcuts” widget will show photos and user names. On Android, chats and messages in the widget are updated in real time, and you can resize the widget to your liking. On iOS, the widget size is fixed, and the data is updated less frequently.
- Now, in addition to the main link, you can create additional links and limit for each of them the validity period, the number of accessions or both parameters at once. Each invitation link can also be received as a QR code. To join a group, it is enough for the user to point the phone camera to such a code.
- The maximum size of Telegram group chats is 200,000 participants. As of today, when a group approaches this limit, it may be transformed into a broadcast group with an unlimited number of participants. Only administrators will be able to write messages in broadcast groups, but participants will still be able to communicate via voice chat.
- Now imported and original messages will be merged and sorted according to the date originally sent. This works when importing history for chats with less than 1,000 messages.
- There are new animated emoji:
To speed up complaint checking, apps will always offer to mark specific messages when you send a complaint. You can also leave an additional comment to your complaint.
Recall, earlier it became known that Telegram intends to attract outside funding by issuing bonds. It is assumed that the messenger will issue a debt for five years in a narrow circle of private investors and funds.