Valve invited Tested workers to their office, where they spent about three hours in the new VR game using the popular franchise, having time to test the game on as many as eight devices.
• According to reporters, visually the game Alyx looks amazing. It is felt that a huge amount of resources has been invested in the project.
• Fight with enemies to be at different distances.
• A lot of interactive objects. The same jar can, for example, be picked up, inspected and thrown to hell. Some objects found can even be smashed.
• In the case of using stairs, the player immediately teleports to another floor. You can see how your character gets away with only a closet and other similar objects.
• Replicas pronounce not only the NPC, but Alix herself.
• In one of the VR-kits, the journalist needed to put his hand behind his back, get the cartridges from there and insert them into the weapon to reload the weapon. It took about an hour to adapt.
• Many actions in the game have to be done with two hands – this is “an integral part of game design.” For example, with one hand it is impossible to open the door, lift a heavy thing or reload a weapon. This means that the device must constantly extremely clearly determine the position of both controllers in space.
• There is no auto-aiming.
• Naturally, what is best played in the Valve Index. Fatigue is not felt in it much longer than in helmets from competitors, and thanks to the high detail of the image, you can even read the inscription on your own gloves without any problems if you put your hand to your eyes. Also in this set there are a lot of buttons, which makes it much more convenient to understand everything that is happening.
• After all the tests, the journalists came to the conclusion that the game itself looks and feels great on all devices, even on budget ones, but not a single controller, except Valve’s proprietary controllers, makes full use of all the functions intended by the developers.
The game will be released in March next year.
Pre-loading Half-Life: Alyx will be available on March 20
New art to boot.
We lived to see this historic moment: Half-Life: Alyx is available for the game!
Congratulations to all the owners of VR helmets and those who will be watching with quiet sadness the passage on YouTube.
Half-Life: Alyx ratings from well-known publications have arrived
– PC Gamer – 9.2 / 10
– IGN – 9/10
– EDGE – 9/10
– PCGamesN – 9/10
– Destructoid – 9/10
– GameSpot – 9/10
– Game Informer – 9/10
– VG24 / 7 – 5/5
– VGC – 5/5
– USgamer – 4.5 / 5
Some statistics Half-Life: Alyx
· The Valve project broke the record for the number of simultaneous players among VR games on Steam – 42,858.
This is the third highest-rated game in the series – a total score of 93 on Metacritic. Only Half-Life and Half-Life 2, with the same total score of 96, are higher.
· The peak number of total viewers on Twitch was 298,000. It was 30 thousand more than today’s peak CS: GO.
Fully functional piano in Half-Life: Alyx
Half-Life: Alyx successfully launched without a VR helmet
So far, the version is very raw, in which there are constant problems with interactivity.
But all the salt was precisely in the use of the helmet …