Tonight, Valve held a large-scale Q & A session about Half-Life:
Alyx on Reddit, where it answered many fans’ questions, telling new details about the future game and its development.
• There will definitely not be a transfer of the release, since the development has already been completed. Currently, the team is polishing, and some of its members have already managed to pass the game several times.
• To create Alix, the company formed the largest team in its history – about 80 people. In this case, the passage will take about the same time as on Half-Life 2 – 13-15 hours.
• Valve veteran Mike Morasky, known for Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 1-2, is responsible for the soundtrack. He is actively consulting with Kelly Bailey, who worked on the soundtrack for Half-Life and Half-Life 2.
• According to the developers, they had to take a new actress for the role of the main character because of the desire to go in another direction. Recall that Merle Dandridge was replaced by Ozioma Akaga.
• Half-Life: Alyx will be available to everyone, given the fact that you, for example, will play while sitting, use your leading left hand, etc.
• Some testers were very scared to play in sections where there were headcrabs. In general, Valve confidently says that the horror elements of the franchise will not go anywhere in Alix, but you should not expect the horrors of the level of the most terrible representatives of the genre.
• The game will be voiced so far only in English, but at the same time it supports subtitles in other languages, including Russian. Valve is considering the possibility of voicing the game in other languages in the future.
• An interesting detail: players will be able to cover the headcrab with a bucket – it will continue to jump and move around with the bucket. Initially, many testers considered this a bug.
• Valve admitted that some things in Half-Life 1 were done better than in Half-Life 2. Among them, for example, there is artificial intelligence, which in Alyx has been improved.
• Have a train ride. Valve joked that it was illegal to release a game in the Half-Life series without a scene on a train.
• Some creatures from past games in the series will return.
• Teleportation of the main part of the Citadel to Earth is now a canon. After teleportation, the Alliance began to equip the Citadel with resources collected on the planet.
• Closer to the release, Valve will show new gameplay videos, as well as the difference in modes of movement in VR.
New screenshots of Half-Life: Alyx
March 23 release for VR.